This is a blog about my on-going journey in developing a photographic project. It is all about what I am picturing and why, together with some of the work that forms part of the series.

For a background to this project read my introduction post.

Please join me on the journey and engage in the discussion.

Monday 21 July 2008

Finding the wind

Wind in the trees, Kristiansund, June 2008

A couple of posts ago I talked about capturing the wind. On a recent trip to Norway I spent some time working on such an image. How I created it can be found on my main blog.

While this is fairly successful and certainly points me in the right direction, the question is what am I trying to show and how does that fit with the project? As I am trying to show the ways in which natural processes shape the world around us, a shot like this doesn't necessarily fit too well, even though the wind is an important component.

This points me to what is a major step in working method. I will work on capturing all the natural process shots I can, make the images and determine thereafter which fit together into the whole. Thus I'll apply as little pre-filtering in subject choice and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, especially constructive ones.
Comments get emailed directly to me before publishing , so if you want to get in touch drop a comment.
All comments moderated by me before being published, keeps the spam at bay.